What is Vacuum Casting?
Vacuum casting is where an SLA or SLS printed part is used as a master & a silicone mould is created from it. Polyurethane resin is poured into the mould under vacuum to produce the part.
An accurate production technique that can replicate detailed patterns, complex dimensions, and different textures.
- Cost-efficient alternative to hard tooling.
- Accurate & detailed.
- Strong optical properties.
- Adjustable hardness.
- Small batches of end-use product runs.
- Functional & visual prototypes.
- Concept & appearance models.
- Automotive parts.
Typical vacuum casting lead times are 8-10 days; express work available from 3-4 days.
If you require a part longer than 650 mm, please speak to our sales team.
|Capacity||300 x 400 x 350mm||820 x 600 x 600mm||820 x 1800 x 600mm|
|Quantity||Up to 20 parts per tool|
|Tolerances||+ / - 0.3% geometry dependent|
|Wall Thickness||Min. 0.5 mm - 1 mm
(Depending on the overall size. The larger the part, the thicker the wall must be)
|Letters & Logo||
Width = 2x height min.
|Gap between raised & recessed letters||
Min. 1.27 mm
- Surface can be specified as textured, matt, satin or gloss.
- Clear or frosted.
- Rubber over mould.
- Matt Satin or gloss metallic finish.
- Specialised finishes available upon request.