Moulded & 3D Printed Prototypes
Prototypes are essential for validating designs whilst products are still in the development stage. They are popular amongst a range of industries including the medical, consumer, aerospace & automotive.
Rapid prototyping allows design engineers to spot any errors within the early product development stages and save money when it comes to tooling & full-scale production.
- Use SLA or SLS 3D printing techniques to create prototypes quickly for different stages of design.
- Review aesthetics & dimensions.
- Inspect enclosures, chassis & control panels.
- Save on design costs thanks to the flexibility & repeatability of our builds.
- Check assembly tolerances of your part or product.
- Examine snap-fits, interlocking parts and ensure joined features fit together.
- Ensure holes and fixtures align perfectly.
- Utilise our full range of material choices and prototyping techniques.
- Build and assess:
- Locking devices
- Flexible lugs
- Screw threads
- The placing and size of ports
- Assembly process for scalability
We enable you to quickly, accurately and cost-efficiently validate the mechanical design of your product by building highly accurate concept test products and pre-production 3D printed prototypes.
- Utilise our wide variety of material choices
- Including ABS-like durable plastics, clear, moisture-resistant plastics, nylon and glass-filled nylon, rubber and silicone.
- Test and evaluate mechanical parts and features.
- Retest and revisit through iterations.
- Clarify design before committing to mass production.
- Choose from a wide variety of surface finishes.
- Including wet sanding or polished resin, spray painting or colour pigmenting, rough finish or smooth gloss finish.