With the UK government pledging to raise investment in R&D to 2.7% of GDP by 2027, product prototyping is in demand now more than ever.
Engineer for success
Use our prototyping services to test mechanics and full functionality before committing to mass production.
We enable you to quickly , accurately and cost-efficiently prove out the mechanical design of your product design by building highly accurate concept test products and pre-production prototypes.
What's in it for you?
- Utilise our wide variety of material choices
- Including ABS-like durable plastics, clear, moisture resistant plastics, nylon and glass-filled nylon, rubber and silicone
- Test and evaluate mechanical parts and features
- Retest and revisit through iterations
- Clarify design before committing to mass production
- Choose from a wide variety of surface finishes
- Including wet sanding or polished resin, spray painting or colour pigmenting, rough finish or smooth gloss finish
Our production team has over 20 years of experience in the 3D printing and model making industry.
They've encountered many different engineering challenges and are well-versed in problem solving. Their experience and expertise in finding the right process, technique or CAD optimisation is at your disposal at no extra cost.
"I like that I can drop CAD files in at any time and AME-3D will meet my deadlines.
It's great that material can be bought in specially, and I appreciate that everything is achievable whether it's a quick fix or a more complex solution. "
John Greenwood, Senior Mechanical Designer
You can upload STL for quotes, and we can also accept OBJ, IGES, ACIS or STEP files, SolidWorks (.sldprt) or ProE (.prt), and solid 3D CAD models in Parasolid (.x_t or .x_b).
Lead times vary depending on the complexity of your prototyping project. We aim for a four day lead time and can offer an express service if required.